Pages

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Kids Just Play to be Fit

Summer is here and sizzling here in Central Ontario right now.  From my home I can hear and see kids playing all the time, even though my daycare is currently closed.  From the nearby park and beach I can hear the lifeguards on the loudspeaker and if I look out on my lakeside there is almost always a boat pulling skiers or tubers around.  Failing that, I don't have to look far to see kids just playing in the water, at the beach, on the dock etc.  This is the ideal season for kids to just play outside...and that's really all they need to do to be fit.  If they are already swimming they'll be running and jumping off docks, sliding down water slides, playing with water toys, all of which is going to use their muscles, increase cardiovascular fitness...and most importantly, teach them that fun play can be fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment