Pages

Saturday 7 May 2011

My Secret Revealed

Project 365 #299: 261010 The Sands Of Time
3 minutes at a time - get there
One of my favourite tricks for sneaking in a couple of minutes of fitness here and there is to use my toothbrush. Now I've got your attention…right? Here's the thing.

My battery operated toothbrush has a 2 minute timer on it to help me make sure I brush long enough. Believe me, when you're drowning in toothpaste it's a long time. If you don't have one you can use a 3 minute egg timer or a nearby clock. It's a rough guide.

All I do is use that timed period to do squats, or lunges or simple steps up and down on a stool or fitness step. Or you can just march in place. Sometimes I break it up into different moves and sometimes I walk or run up and down the staircase next to my bathroom. If you are brushing your teeth 3 or 4 times a day that's an easy way to squeeze in 6 – 8 more minutes of calorie burning activity.

If you don't want anyone to see you then shut the door and stay in the bathroom. You can do squats with front kicks, side kicks. You can go up and down on your toes to do calf raises.

At our house my husband and I often use TV commercial time to do push-ups or crunches. You can do anything, just get up and move…not to the kitchen for junk food!

You can do it…2 minutes at a time…all the way to 30 minutes a day at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment